Sunday, July 3, 2011

A Much-Needed Visit from Mom

Praise God for a mother's intuition.  My mom, who obviously sensed my anticipation about the coming of the twins, called about three weeks ago and told me she was flying down to visit.  By the end of the day, she had booked a ticket for June 23rd-June 27th.  During her stay, she was able to successfully juggle her time between the boys (via games, picnics, a trip to the movies, slip 'n slide fun, ice cream outings, etc.) and me, the "slave driver."  She worked diligently to help me hang curtains throughout the house, beautify the living the room, and decorate the nursery.  We finished the nursery just in time - these pictures were taken at 11:15 the night before Mom left.

 (This is Carter's side of the room.)

 (This is Addison's side of the room.)


I hated to see Mom leave the next morning.  In fact, I seriously considered kidnapping her and keeping her here in Florence.  I decided against it this time, but she may not be so lucky the next go-around.  
 
(Thank you, Mom.  I love you bunches!)

No comments:

Post a Comment